Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flex-Seal As Seen On TV

How long do you spend needing heat? If it's
only a couple minutes here or there, the space
heater might be the ticket. Ceramic element
heater "black box" with fan forced, is what
I'd choose. Hot shower puts out steam heat.

Oil radiator, takes too long to heat the room.

Of course, you can always put a vent in one
of the lines. [change to: heat ducts]

Close the vent when not occupied.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Somewhere on my list of things I really should
do is to seal all of the exposed ducts in the
basement but the basement is cold in the winter
as it is. Since I typically shower and get dressed
in the basement and that's where my shop and
laundry room is, if I seal the ducts and it gets
colder, I'll just buy a heater to make up for the
difference. It's tolerable now, but any colder
and I'd want to heat it. Any savings from sealing
the ducts would be eaten up with an electric
heater.