Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good *electric* chain saw for (largish) fallen branches -- $100?

Thanks for the field report. Yeah, chain saws have one
constant direction of pull, so they are less wiggle
frustrated. I'd also be frustrated if all I did was wiggle,
and never would cut it. But, I digress.

Why would you want to demolish walls?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

I've got a reciprocating saw and some blades they call 'the
axe'.
Thanks, but I'll grab the chainsaw every time. Small
branches wiggle
too much to try to cut with the reciprocating saw. The
big ones
just take too darn long. In trunks 4-5" in diameter the
blade is
much more likely to get pinched than a chainsaw blade would.

All that said-- I wish I'd gotten the reciprocating saw 10
years
earlier than I did. Nothing beats it for demolishing
walls.

Jim