Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

What's the big deal? During WW2 we had thousands of American
citizens held in POW camps throughout the country (we 16 or so POW
camps just in my state). There they stayed, without access to
American courts, until repatriated to their home country.

not true. There were "concentration camps" filled with thousands of
American Citizens, but the did have access to American Courts (just
search on those brave few who refused to be drafted). There were
absolutely zero POW camps that held American Citizens in the USA
during WW2

You must live in a fantasy world. Over 400,000 German soldiers were held in
American POW camps, plus a similar number of Italians and a smaller number
of Japanese. You either believe that none held U.S. citizenship or that
enemy soldiers captured on the battlefield who turned out to be Americans
were told "Go forth and sin no more!"

No POW ever had access to American civilian courts.