Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial

On Nov 28, 8:59*am, Frank wrote:
On Nov 28, 11:23*am, Higgs Boson wrote:

On Nov 28, 7:53*am, Home Guy wrote:

You Americans are so screwed.

You're screwing yourselves.

Remember what I said about "you couldn't pay me enough to live in the
states" ?

A pack of gorrillas flash-robbing a 7-11 in the DC area is nothing
compared to this.

===============================

Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial

http://www.infowars.com/senate-moves...to-intern-amer....

NDAA detention provision would turn America into a “battlefield”

Paul Joseph Watson
Monday, November 28, 2011

The Senate is set to vote on a bill today that would define the whole of
the United States as a “battlefield” and allow the U.S. Military to
arrest American citizens in their own back yard without charge or trial.

“The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this
president—and every future president — the power to order the military
to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in
the world. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept
up by the military and the military could be used far from any
battlefield, even within the United States itself,” writes Chris Anders
of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office.

Under the ‘worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial’
provision of S.1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which
is set to be up for a vote on the Senate floor this week, the
legislation will “basically say in law for the first time that the
homeland is part of the battlefield,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S..C.),
who supports the bill.

The bill was drafted in secret by Senators Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John
McCain (R-Ariz.), before being passed in a closed-door committee meeting
without any kind of hearing. The language appears in sections 1031 and
1032 of the NDAA bill.

“I would also point out that these provisions raise serious questions as
to who we are as a society and what our Constitution seeks to protect,”
Colorado Senator Mark Udall said in a speech last week. One section of
these provisions, section 1031, would be interpreted as allowing the
military to capture and indefinitely detain American citizens on U.S.
soil. Section 1031 essentially repeals the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878
by authorizing the U.S. military to perform law enforcement functions on
American soil. That alone should alarm my colleagues on both sides of
the aisle, but there are other problems with these provisions that must
be resolved.”

This means Americans could be declared domestic terrorists and thrown in
a military brig with no recourse whatsoever. Given that the Department
of Homeland Security has characterized behavior such as buying gold,
owning guns, using a watch or binoculars, donating to charity, using the
telephone or email to find information, using cash, and all manner of
mundane behaviors as potential indicators of domestic terrorism, such a
provision would be wide open to abuse.

“American citizens and people picked up on American or Canadian or
British streets being sent to military prisons indefinitely without even
being charged with a crime. Really? Does anyone think this is a good
idea? And why now?” asks Anders.

The ACLU is urging citizens to call their Senator and demand that the
Udall Amendment be added to the bill, a change that would at least act
as a check to prevent Americans being snatched off the streets without
some form of Congressional oversight.

We have been warning for over a decade that Americans would become the
target of laws supposedly aimed at terrorists and enemy combatants. Alex
Jones personally documented how U.S. troops were being trained to arrest
U.S. citizens in the event of martial law during urban warfare training
drills back in the 90?s. Under the the National Defense Authorization
Act bill, no declaration of martial law is necessary since Americans
would now be subject to the same treatment as suspected insurgents in
places like Afghanistan and Iraq.

If you thought that the executive assassination of American citizens
abroad was bad enough, now similar powers will be extended to the
“homeland,” in other words, your town, your community, your back yard.

***Harry, please! *I don't usually read your blasts, but just this
once, on the offchance that anybody here might bite, folks, Google
Paul Joseph Watson and all will be made clear.

HB- Hide quoted text -

Don't have to. *Just see which side you are on - I'm usually on the
other

***Actually, you DO have to check out Paul Joseph Watson -- unless
you're happy being suckered by a notorious conspiracy theorist. But
maybe you're happier not having to think. Or research. Or check out
whatever you're fed. As part of your permanent "Us-Them" mentality.
Handy to avoid actually thinking.

I'm more amused than shocked that above posters are actually
discussing this conspiracy theorist's latest blast as though it had
any validity. I guess some people need to defend their weltanschauung
at any cost.

HB