Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:07:59 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

What's the big deal? During WW2 we had thousands of American citizens held
in POW camps throughout the country (we 16 or so POW camps just in my
state). There they stayed, without access to American courts, until
repatriated to their home country.

not true. There were "concentration camps" filled with thousands of American
Citizens, but the did have access to American Courts (just search on those brave
few who refused to be drafted). There were absolutely zero POW camps that held
American Citizens in the USA during WW2

The correct term was "internment camps".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment