Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Good *electric* chain saw for (largish) fallen branches -- $100?

(David Combs) writes:

Up here in New York state, that 2-weeks-ago (3?) snow+wind storm
took down lots of trees, and especially lots of largish branches.

I've got one that's 6.5 inches in diameter, 8.5 at a swelling;
no way I'm going to get a regular saw and try to cut that thing.

What with this crazy weather pattern we're getting into, there'll
likely be more of this kind of thing, ie more fallen branches.

I sure hope not.

None of my neighbors have a chain-saw, so I guess I'll have to
buy my own.

What I hear is that electric is not only less expensive but also
easier to start (obviously) and easier to use.

I've googled amazon for chainsaw, also saw this site:
http://www.chainsawsdirect.com/chain...aw-reviews.htm

but thought I might better come here for your advice.

I got page no longer available, but I've been using the same
electric chain saw (Sears) for over 30 years. For the amount of use
you have, I'd say they are perfect.

--
Dan Espen