Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HF oscillating multifunction tool

The HF tool makes straight line cuts. Which is totally not
suited for drilling for deadbolts.

I'd go to Home Depot or Lowe's or Menards or other hardware
chain, and get a better brand of hole saw. I've got a hole
saw kit from HF, which I tried on aluminum, one time. The
hole saws were useless.

In support of my trade, I'll also reccomend you call a
locksmith, and pay him or her to do the install.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
It says it will cut metal; does that include mild steel and
stainless?
I need to cut a 2 1/8" hole in a steel door for mounting a
deadbolt.
Actually, it's a hollow core wooden door that someone
laminated on both
sides with steel sheet (I think it might be stainless.) Is
it worth a
try for $20?

Or should I just drill a bunch of 3/32" holes, knock it out
with a cold
chisel, and clean it up with a half-round file? I assume
I'll have to
do some filing if I use the oscillating multitool, but not a
lot.

The hole saw I bought didn't do much except draw a circle
for me and
make a pilot hole.

Let's say it doesn't work for this. Is it worth $20 anyway?
Thanks.

-Bob