Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...

With gun handling, comes gun safety. At least, in my
opinion. Taking an uncertain shot is negligent. Taking an
uncertain shot which damages people or property should be
punishable offense.

"stupid accident" is when you drop your rifle out of the
tree stand, it goes off, and kills someone across the field.
Shouldering a rifle to shoot at a fleeing deer may be
stupid, but I don't call it accident.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Well, the guy fired while not being sure what was in the
line of fire. Sounds like negligent homicide, to me. Or
some
other legal term. Term for careless use of lethal force.

I wouldn't call it homicide, more like stupidity. If the
dude didn't
shoot himself, he would have to live with it. Unless it was
something
other than a stupid "accident", I think the D.A. should not
become
involved.

Sad story.

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on
nationality.

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)