Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore dishwasher spray is weak--how to remove (lower) spray arm

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 17:48:40 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

Steven L. wrote:
Exactly. But with vinegar at only eighty cents a gallon, I'd dump in
three or four gallons.

Also, in the future, use powdered detergent that has been fortified
with 10-20% of TSP.

Maybe I should pre-rinse my dishes also. I'm accustomed to just
throwing them in the dishwasher, but maybe all those bits of food are
clogging up the thing.

Nope, that's not it. Food particles are chopped before they're flushed out
to the garbage disposal, except, maybe leg bones from a turkey.

Depends on the dishwasher. Bosch, for example, doesn't have a grinder.
Instead, it has a screen/filter than has to be cleaned out. ...the reason we
passed on Bosch.

Clean the washer with vinegar as above and add TSP to your detergent. You'll
be surprised by the result.