Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...

wrote in :

Home Guy writes:

READSBORO €” State police say a Vermont hunter shot a friend who was
tracking a deer and then killed himself after realizing his friend
was dead.

Sgt. Albert Abdelnour says three men were hunting midday Saturday in
southwestern Vermont when 39-year-old Benjamin Birch, of Readsboro,
shot a deer. The injured deer ran, and Birch and the two other men
chased after it.

Police say 49-year-old Timothy Bolognani, of Readsboro, then fired a
shot and heard Birch cry out. Bolognani and the third man found Birch
injured from the gunshot, and he died.

Abdelnour says a "distraught" Bolognani then used his rifle to kill
himself.

What is this alt.suicide.prevention?

I can't see any link to home repair at all.

This is an interesting case study of psychology.
Who would of thought that guilt over an accident would lead to
suicide. My guess is there is more going on than the article reveals.
Can't say what, but I'm thinking alcohol, pre-existing depression, or
something else.

Investigators need to look out of the box. Maybe he killed himself first
then shot the other guy. Oh, wait, that wouldn't work...

Nevermind...

At least they're taking themselves out, one gun owner at a time (or
in this case, two).

This is totally uncalled for.
As a card carrying liberal* I have nothing against guns or gun owners.
Shooting guns and getting out into the woods is lots of fun.

* I used to think of myself as someone that often voted Democrat but
was able to see both sides.
I found that even being in favor of the death penalty and other right
wing stances is not enough anymore.
You're either a right wing fanatic or you're a liberal commie pinko.