Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Here we go again: PVC PIPE FOR AIR SUPPLY LINES

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:50:54 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:49:02 -0800, "Bruce L. Bergman (munged human
readable)" wrote:

You want small and light and "screwdriver shaped" (when set to
Straight) to get into tight spots, yet Actually Does Something, the
ol' DeWalt DW920K "bendy" screwdriver is perfect - been beating on one
for many years. Enough oomph for self-drill screws or to drill the
wiring hole too for light sheetmetal like fluorescent cans.

-- Bruce --

So thats a good screwdriver? Ive only seen a couple of them over the
years and have never handled one.

Ill definately keep my eyes open for one now that you have recommended
them.

Thanks!!

Gunner, who has avoided such tools since being given a B&D and being
totally..totally unimpressed with it.

It's got enough kick to strip out screw heads, and even snap a 6-32
if you forget to unlock the clutch after drilling. Got turned on to
it by my friend the Theatre Lighting Tech, always tearing down Martin
moving lights with five bajillion little screws to get inside. And
then reverse the process.

When you need to trim out a whole house full of receps and switches
and devices it's a real wrist saver. The only big disadvantage being
it's my only 7.2V device, so it has it's own two batteries. But one
will charge by the time you run down the other.

And the quick-release collet holding the screwdriver tips in is a bit
loose, so if you're trying to do a job one-handed while standing on
your head (or other uncomfortable positions) and bump the collar into
something it might spit out the bit...

But that's what a little strip of electrical tape is for - you tape
the screw to the end of the bit to keep it there, use another little
piece to keep the bit on the driver.

-- Bruce --