Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default 'stick-um' for a friction fit pulley?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I've got an old-ish [10yrs?] treadmill that I stuck in the outdoor
gazebo for my morning walk when it rains or whatever.

Lately it started slipping a bit every so often. So I pull it
apart & it looks like it is slipping where the drive pulley is pressed
onto the 1 1/4" or so shaft that the walking belt rides on.

Thanks all. You guys are no help.g I had a few thoughts in my
head when I posted-- and they were all covered in the responses. Great
minds, I guess.

Decided to go with easiest first. I warmed it up real good with a
heat lamp- and dribbled crazy glue around the circumference on both
sides.

So far that seems to be doing the trick. We'll know better when it
gets to 0F out there. Fingers crossed--

Thanks-
Jim