Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Here we go again: PVC PIPE FOR AIR SUPPLY LINES

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:49:02 -0800, "Bruce L. Bergman (munged human
readable)" wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:36:01 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

The electric impact? I returned it after the first time I tried to use
it . total waste of money and effort.

I had a screwdriver like that once. I have never ever used or owned a
screwdriver again. It slows me down a bit, but I figure they're all the
same. total waste of money and effort.

Nope, same as all other tools - you probably got the cheap consumer
unit, and it couldn't twist it's way out of a paper bag. The motor
makes a cute "whirrrrr" sound and the tip turns until it meets a
little resistance.

You want small and light and "screwdriver shaped" (when set to
Straight) to get into tight spots, yet Actually Does Something, the
ol' DeWalt DW920K "bendy" screwdriver is perfect - been beating on one
for many years. Enough oomph for self-drill screws or to drill the
wiring hole too for light sheetmetal like fluorescent cans.

-- Bruce --

So thats a good screwdriver? Ive only seen a couple of them over the
years and have never handled one.

Ill definately keep my eyes open for one now that you have recommended
them.

Thanks!!

Gunner, who has avoided such tools since being given a B&D and being
totally..totally unimpressed with it.

Gunner Asch