Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Kenmore dishwasher spray is weak--how to remove (lower) spray arm

On Nov 26, 12:53*pm, Michael Dobony wrote:
On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:39:42 +0000, Steven L. wrote:
Hi all,

The spray in my Kenmore dishwasher has gotten pretty weak--the dishes on
the lower rack get cleaned, but the glasses and stuff I put in the upper
rack don't even get wet anymore.

My dishwasher has only a lower spray arm (no upper spray), and I suspect
it may have gotten clogged.

How do I remove it so I can clean it thoroughly? *It doesn't seem to
come off by itself.

Also, could there be some other cause of the weak spray? *I can't be
sure, but I think the spray arm isn't spinning as well as it used to
either. *What could be causing THAT?

-- Steven L.

Two potential problems, junk in the dishwasher or buildup in the supply
line. If you have hard water it is entirely possible that the supply line
is so junked up that nothing you do in the dishwasher will help.

I would suggest trying an acid based cleaner from Bed and Bath for coffee
makers (forget the name of it) and run a bottle of it through a cycle. If
it's a bad as it sounds, I'd run a half bottle through on two consecutive
cycles, followed by three plain water cycles. Then run about three empty
cycles with plain water. It will also clean off your glassware of lime
buildup. Only need a small amount to do that.- Hide quoted text -

run with a gallon of white vinegar and let soak for awhile