Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Flex-Seal As Seen On TV

On 11/25/2011 5:19 PM, Chuck wrote:
Has anyone used the Flex-seal product I have seen advertised on TV? If
so, is it any good? I have some leaky ducts and they show it works for
that.

Do you mean this stuff?

https://www.getflexseal.com/?tag=im|sm|go|tm&a_aid=011&a_bid=a4cc8494

I wondered the same thing myself. I have four leaks at gutter joints
where gutter sealant just doesn't work any more. And wouldn't you know
it, three are right over doorways ... LOL

The hip roof design on this long low ranch has over 200' of gutter
wrapping completely around the house. Continuous guttering would be nice
but not cheap.

I wonder if a heat gun would remove the old sealant so I could clean the
joints and do the job right?

John