Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven L.[_2_] Steven L.[_2_] is offline

Default Kenmore dishwasher spray is weak--how to remove (lower) spray arm

"Steven L." wrote in message
m:

Hi all,

The spray in my Kenmore dishwasher has gotten pretty weak--the dishes on
the lower rack get cleaned, but the glasses and stuff I put in the upper
rack don't even get wet anymore.

My dishwasher has only a lower spray arm (no upper spray), and I suspect
it may have gotten clogged.

How do I remove it so I can clean it thoroughly? It doesn't seem to
come off by itself.

Also, could there be some other cause of the weak spray? I can't be
sure, but I think the spray arm isn't spinning as well as it used to
either. What could be causing THAT?

I forgot to mention: The spray arm is of the type that has this little
extendable tower in the middle, that seems to pop up during the wash
cycle.

-- Steven L.