Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) Car stereo adoptor "thingie" ????

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:57:08 -0800 (PST), Roy
wrote:

On Friday, November 25, 2011 7:30:41 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
They sell some sort of device that you plug a portable MP3 into it,
and that thing sends the music to a blank radio frequency so the mp3
player can be heard on the car radio.

What are these things called?

I'd like to get one, but dont have a clue what to shop for. I asked a
guy in the electronics dept at Walmart and he could not figure out
what I wanted. (Of course I didn't expect anyone with knowledge at
Walmart), but thought I'd try. I suppose this is something to buy
online, or maybe Radio Shack...

But first I need to know what they're called....

Thanks

If you have a car or truck radio/cd player manufactured in the last four years or so and it has mp3 marked on it why bother with all of that junk.

Probably because the OP doesn't have a radio made in the last 4 years.

Just burn a couple of hundred mp3s to a CD in CD or data mode with your computer and you can play songs for over 4 bloody hours. I do it all the time.