Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default (OT) Car stereo adoptor "thingie" ????

Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/25/2011 3:59 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:27:40 -0800, "Steve wrote:

"Steve wrote in message
On 11/25/2011 12:26 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Sjouke Burry"s@b wrote

They are called FM transmittors.....

A workable solution is called a cable. Two male ends.

Steve

not if your head unit doesn't have an input.

--
Steve Barker

AS I POSTED EARLIER:

Look at the face of your radio. Is there a 1/8" female plug? If
so, this is usually the auxiliary input for a mp3. On mine, it has
AUX right over the hole. You will need a double male 1/8" cord,
which is just an earphone cord with a male plug on both ends. A
buck at the dollar store.

In new cars, this is common. Neither of my vehicles have AUX inputs.

None of my three or the 4 others my sons have , have an input either.

My add-on Pioneer unit has a jack on the back. A special adapter ($3 from Hong
Kong) added a cable to which I attached an RCA to 1/8" jach adapter cable. I did
have to disassemble the dash top do it.