Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) Car stereo adoptor "thingie" ????

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 19:44:48 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

-snip-

I'd like one that's tied directly into the antenna lead (so it
would override any local station) but haven't found one yet.

Here's one for $27- free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator

How would something plugged into the antenna lead override a local
station? Wouldn't the radio waves still see it as an antenna, albeit a
lousy one, and find their way into the receiver?

Yes. It is more discriminating than the transmitting FM
modulators-- but the one I posted the link to has 2 stations you can
switch between if a station interferes.

I feel like a competing snake oil saleman, but the one I pushed in
other posts will transmit on any station on fthe FM dial. I use
107.1 or 106.9

Here's a lower prices url that I used.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
5.50 including shipping No RCA inputs but no installat ion necesary
either.

I'm in an area where the modulators are practically useless. I have
to switch stations every 1/2 mile & sometimes none of the 3 will work.
I haven't touched the Scosche one since I put it in.

And it's more powerful even than the strong station I normally listen
to. If the volume ln the modulator were turned all the way down,
maybe it woudln't be strong enough, but the way it came out of hte
packaging, it wasn't weak. I also turned it up a bit and turned
down the radio volume just to get better fidelity.

One day I was in an area that started picking up a little
interference, but it never got bad enough to make me switch stations.

Jim