Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default (OT) Car stereo adoptor "thingie" ????

"dadiOH" wrote:

-snip-
Another way to play MP3s in your car is via a dummy tape cassette. The MP3
is played on a portable CD/MP3 player, sound is piped to the dummy cassette,
power is (usually) from the car's cigar lighter. They work well but -
obviously - the car has to have a tape player.

I tried that one too. The sound wasn't bad, and it was more
reliable than the FM modulator. . . but.

The tape played in my 2001 GM had an auto-eject feature. There was
some procedure that took about 60 seconds every time you started the
car that would bypass the auto eject feature. Then one day it just
stopped working. I couldn't get the tape to stay in the player.

So check your car make/model/year to see what folks have tried that
worked.

Jim