Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) Car stereo adoptor "thingie" ????

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:49:58 -0800 (PST), Mikepier
wrote:

On Nov 25, 9:30*am, wrote:
They sell some sort of device that you plug a portable MP3 into it,
and that thing sends the music to a blank radio frequency so the mp3
player can be heard on the car radio.

What are these things called?

I'd like to get one, but dont have a clue what to shop for. *I asked a
guy in the electronics dept at Walmart and he could not figure out
what I wanted. *(Of course I didn't expect anyone with knowledge at
Walmart), but thought I'd try. *I suppose this is something to buy
online, or maybe Radio Shack...

But first I need to know what they're called....

Thanks

MP3 FM modulator

Yes, exactly .

http://www.amazon.com/Roadmaster-VRF.../dp/B0009N4OIC

Interesting ad. The pictures don't match. I have one like the right
two pictures, which doesn' match the left two pictures.

However the remote control in one of the right two pictures doesn't
match the one in te other of them. The number of buttons is
different.

Despite all this, I'm sure the thing is fine. Well, actually there
are others almost identical on Amazon with better ratings.

Note
One of the reviewers says this "IMPORTANT: Turn the volume level on
the wireless FM Transmitter to medium to medium/high! I set mine on 12
(out of 15). This affects the quality of the FM transmission from the
FM Wireless Transmitter to your car's stereo. Reviewers who have
complained about poor quality of audio or static probably did not do
this! " I was saying something similar, and he's probably correct,
clearer, and more specific. (I didn't even notice there were volume
numbers, or how high they went.)

I bought one at Autozone for 16 dollars and 2 of at this url, gave
away the second one of them just yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details