Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light bulb, thy doom is near!

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 00:28:24 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:50:40 -0600, "
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 23:29:56 -0500,
wrote:

The only argument I have for going Metric is that my Festools are Metric. A
PITA, since all my other tools are Imperial. Other than that, Imperial units
work out jut fine for any precision I'm likely to use in wood. My computer
(and Sketchup ;-) can deal with Imperial units easily enough. ;-)

Cars and outboard motors have been metric for a couple decades.

Many. Some not so much. Worse, some go both ways, with some Metric and some
Imperial fasteners. Some have Imperial heads on metric fasteners. Such is
life.

Just about anything in a computer is metric although they are still
clinging to the 1/4" hex head 6-32 screws for hard drives. Diskettes
and CDROMs are metric.

8", 5-1/4", 3-1/2" diskettes. 3.5" and 2.5" hard disks. Yeah, all metric.
;-)

When I was in the computer biz my tool kit gained about 50% in size
because I needed both types of wrenches, sockets and allens.

Such is life as a Schizophrenic but really, wrenches are the easy part.

....then there are the Metric Crescent wrenches. Mine are Metric on one side
and Imperial on the other. ;-)