Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Well I've never done that before

Many times the lack of temperature control makes it bitter. Brewing too
fast changes the flavour.

Natural carbonation happening on the bottle can be dangerous as in the
old days when glass bottles exploded.

-------------
"-MIKE-" wrote in message ...
All this stuff can be googled of course, but carbonation is a byproduct
of fermentation.... I heard a brewer refer to it as "yeast farts." The
problem is it escapes out of the liquid, unless it's sealed. Some beers
are "bottle conditioned" and left to ferment a bit longer after being
bottled. Some beers have been allowed to gas out all their carbonation
and are "charged" with CO2 or Nitrogen. I'm sure I have some details
mixed up.

I believe adding more hops at some point in the brewing process
increases alcohol content/fermentation and obviously adds bitterness.
That could be what he's referring to. AFAIK, when someone says a beer
is
"hoppy" they're talking about the bitter taste and the citrusy, flowery
smell of the beer.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)