Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Here we go again: PVC PIPE FOR AIR SUPPLY LINES

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:53:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
.. .

I used all of my garden hose once to pressure test a used tank, tied to the
far side of a big tree way back in the woods. The hose withstood 125PSI
without significant leaks.

I changed my airline from plastic to sloped and water-trapped iron after
reading the issues here. Is hose taped to strapping considered a safe
alternative?

jsw

Hose is safe. Period. Not necessarily reliable, or advised - but it
won't kill anyone. The worst that will happen is it ( the severed end
if it blows completely apart) will swing around and knock everything
off the shelves and swat you good. Hard plastic PIPE on the other
hand can fail catastrophically.