Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Dental floss toilet beast (must see)

On Nov 22, 6:45*pm, Red Green wrote:
" wrote in news:31e0aa52-86ba-4540-
:

My basement toilet had always been a slow flusher, so much so that it
was seldom ever used. Decided to get one of those toilet augers from
Home Depot and give it a spin today. Well, the darn thing got trapped
in the pipe and all the twisting and pulling in the world couldn't
release it. Had to remove the toilet to investigate. Here's what I
found after shifting the toilet bowl;

http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/139781857/original

Had to cut the auger free;

http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/139785909/original

Figured it was then just a case of freeing the ball of dental floss
from the rusted pipe but after cutting away and pulling, it started to
look like I had bitten off more than I could chew. Perseverance
finally prevailed after pulling with all my might using two hands.
Wasn't really prepared for what slowly emerged from the pipe....A
three foot long floss beast;

http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/139790294/original

Its head;

http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/139790297/original

Its belly;

http://www.pbase.com/eldata/image/139790298/original

Moral of this story is probably never to flush dental floss down a
toilet. You may never know what lurks beneath your toilet thereafter.

Did you stop for lunch during all this?

Just wondering....- Hide quoted text -

I was cramming *down* a Buffalo Chicken Sub with Crumbly Blue Cheese
when I clicked on the links to the pictures.

Bad idea. The direction almost reversed.