Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 06:46:23 -0800 (PST), Frank wrote:

On Nov 23, 9:34*am, George Herold wrote:
On Nov 22, 9:59*pm, John Doe wrote:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/InternetSalesTa

They are "not raising taxes" they are "just helping to collect
taxes". There is a big difference...

Hmm, here in 'tax-happy' New York State there is a line on the state
tax return where you are 'required' to add in all the state tax that
you did not
pay on 'out of state' purchases.

I believe most states have this in their income tax forms. It doesn't cost
anything to put it there but likely gets just about as much in return. Have
you ever put anything there?

PA sends revenue agents into DE and MD to stake out liquor stores for
PA buyers returning to PA.

NY did that 20-30 years ago. They'd send agents to the malls in NJ, about
this time of year, and send "kindly" reminders to everyone with NY plates
parking there. I doubt that it generated any revenue but it did generate a lot
of bad press (can you say Scrooge?).

While back, I recall liquor store owners in MD chasing them out of
their parking lots.

The "Staties" should escort them to the border with a suggestion that they not
return.