Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Here we go again: PVC PIPE FOR AIR SUPPLY LINES

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:53:25 -0600, Ignoramus8003
wrote:

Just use rubber hoses, what's the problem.

On 2011-11-23, justme wrote:
Due to having no money and abundance of devil-may-care, I am thinking
of using P.V.C. pipe to put in my shop for air supply. I am thinking
of using 1/2 inch due the the highest pressure rating compared to
larger sizes.

Now, my thought is to buy some wire cloth - the stuff that has open
squares of ~ .5 inch and cut it where, when formed into a tube, it
would cover the p.v.c. pipe comfortably.

Should the pipe explode due to the air pressure, the wire-cloth should
stop large pieces from becoming killer pieces.

I expect the nay sayers to say: DON'T DO IT, YOU WILL BE KILLED. To
them I say: I don't expect to eliminate ALL CHANCES OF DEATH OR INJURY
BUT I DO EXPECT THE SHIELDING TO CALM MY FEARS RATHER THAN USING BARE
PIPE.

What say?

Thanks

Joe

I like the mesh reinforced vinyl tubing myself
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada