Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting skirting and avoiding damp

On 21/11/2011 10:09, DerbyBoy wrote:
Thanks Roger - sounds good. If I use a straight edge down from the
plaster I should be able to make measurements of the thickness of
plastic spacer I need. Now I need to find something suitable!

The spacer thickness doesn't have to be exact - as long as it's *less*
than the plaster thickness - because the Gripfill/Stixall or whatever
will fill any slight gaps.

You could possible use the sort of plastic spacers used by window or
door fitters - maybe something like
https://www.multifixings.com/type-d-...-1-subcat.html - which are
available in thicknesses of up to 15mm. [If the shape isn't quite right,
you could cut them in half].
--
Cheers,
Roger