Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default What's "American gun culture" ??

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 11/13/2011 8:43 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"The Daring wrote in message

stuff snipped

I do believe the Muslims want to usurp
the culture of your country and replace it with their own. The want to
impose their own religion and laws on you. How on earth could any of
that be tolerated by your government. It seems to me that once they

make
their intentions clear, your government would invite them to leave.

Ironically, I'll bet a lot of Afghanis are asking themselves pretty much

the
same questions. Why did the Americans (or the Russkies before us) come

our country to impose their "way of life" on us when our tribal ways

have
served us so well for hundreds of years? That knife cuts both ways.

The problem with wars like AfRaq and Vietnam is that they tend to create
huge refugee constituencies in OUR country, with a lot of them holding a
grudge against us for making things so bad in their home countries that

they
had to leave. I am sure most Afghanis just want to get back to their

old
lives of herding goats, eating yogurt, growing hashish and opium poppies

amd
killing each other when young lovers dare cross tribal lines. (-:

We're trying to drag people who've been living a nearly "dark ages"

feudal
exist into the 21st century and act surprised when it doesn't take and

they
revert to their old, nasty habits of revenge killing and tribal mayhem.
Civilizing them is a job for missionaries that welcome death and

martydom
and need the conversion "brownie points" to get their ticket to heaven
punched. It's not a job for US soldiers who can't accidentally shoot

the
wrong people late at night without getting court-martialed for "killing

in a
war zone."

--
Bobby G.

Um, I wasn't writing about a war, I was responding to Harry about the
Muslim immigrants who are coming into The U.K. and wanting to take over.

I knew that. I was merely pointing out where many of those refugees come
from. It's a vicious cycle. The smart ones leave and among them are
troublemakers. We're scheduled to get an influx of Iraqi and Afghani
refugees that will just make it harder to sort out the terrorists.

--
Bobby G.