Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Ion it USB turntable

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 14:42:33 -0500, Nelson wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:58:54 -0500, klem kedidelhopper wrote
(in article
):

In my opinion you're just
asking to have your records ruined.

You know, I see that comment all the time and I wonder what the basis
for it is. I know about the tracking pressure, how good the needle is,
etc. But you are just playing it _once_ for crikey's sake. And, if
you are converting them to digital, you probably don't have an more use
for the vinyl anyway.

Pretty much true, but there is always resale value. Original vinyl in
very good condition gets a much better price. And sometimes i have to do
a second capture due to a gonk or other problem in the first one. Decent
equipment always does the job better than crap.

?-)