Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_31_] Tim[_31_] is offline

Default Speaking of Snap Rings -- Music Wire

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:35:12 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:28:40 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

Same reasons as for my annealing post: I'm trying to do a nicer job of
mounting wheels on model airplanes.

Given a piece of music wire that's already bent up (because you don't
really know where the end is going to be until it's bent), how would you
put a snap ring groove in a piece of hardened music wire? Would a
groove made by a 1/32" cutoff disk in a Dremel tool have any chance of
being good enough? Can you think of any simple fixturing that would
make the process better?

Simple bushing and a bit of cyanoacrlyic glue? Need em off..stick a
soldering gun on the end of the wire for a moment or two and it breaks
the glue.

That should work -- I have trouble trusting glue, but that's a me
problem, not a glue problem.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com