Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bugger, broken drill bit...(now: Coin deposit shopping carts)

"Pete C." wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've seen the coin release carts at Aldi's, but not any
where else. It's a deposit, not a fee. You get a quarter
back when you leave.

I know that, but it requires a second trip to the store to return the
cart. That doubles the trips from my truck to the store and back to
four trips, and the chances of getting hit by some asshole talking on a
cell phone or texting while they drive 20 MPH past the entrance to the
store.

20 MPH is slow for driving past the entrance in TX.

The lot is too short for them to get up to a higher speed without
spilling their beer.

I can't move that fast with a cane, and I doubt the police would
approve of me shooting the assholes for making me fall to the ground
when they hit me.

NP here in TX.

It is in Florida. They don't want you scaring off the Liberal
Snowbirds before they spend the $20 they brought from NJ for their
winter in Florida.

I've had too many close calls while buying food,
including one SOB who leaned out the window and screamed at me to 'Get
the **** out of his way', because I was 'Walking too ****ing slow' to
suit him. Then he switched to Spanish and continued to curse at me. I
was so sick & weak that day I needed a cart and my cane to walk. I
wanted a M-72 to fix the crappy flame job on his jacked up pickup.

That doesn't happen often here in TX (see above).