Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Jones and Lamson comparator, scrap metal

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 19:21:26 -0600, Ignoramus6053
wrote:

As part of that "contents of T&C grinding garage for $1,000" deal, I
acquired a Jones and Lamson comparator, looking old and having some
rust on the table due to the owner not oiling it.

Would I be justified in just scrapping it for metal, (700 lbs), as it
looks like no one one needs them any more. It would seem that a couple
hours of my guy cleaning it would be a waste.

Am I missing anything?

I'm sure its now a hobbyist item. I have one I got for maybe $250
years ago. Its a nice thing to have. If ebay is your market, its too
heavy and hard to ship. I'd try a local pickup only, sell parts off
it, or Craigs list. You've got the room to store it a while. Toss it
if its not gone in X amount of time.

Karl