Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default new light bulbs

On Nov 16, 7:49*pm, Frank wrote:
On 11/16/2011 1:42 PM, harry wrote:

On Nov 16, 6:03 pm, *wrote:
On Nov 16, 12:57 pm, Tony *wrote:

On 11/16/11 10:51 am, JP wrote:

read the box
the new bulbs are has-mat& *you can't just trash them when they burn
out.

The cleanup instructions are simple:

http://www.epa.gov/cfl/cflcleanup.html

The same rules probably applied to those fluorescent tubes we've been
using for decades -- but maybe nobody was paying attention.

Perce

Gotta love the last question/answer!

What if I can't follow all the recommended steps? or I cleaned up a CFL
but didn't do it properly?

Don't be alarmed; these steps are only precautions that reflect best
practices for cleaning up a broken CFL. Keep in mind that CFLs contain a
very small amount of mercury -- less than 1/100th of the amount in a
mercury thermometer.

It sounds as if it's saying, "Don't sweat it, this is all just bull****
anyway".

Of course it's all bull****.
Someone in the EPA once told me that a discarded mercury thermometer
contained more mercury than a days output of a coal fired plant.
But, this is what happens when you let government go berserk and
control everything.
Individual homeowners can slip under the radar but industry pays
dearly. *That's one big reason corporations are moving their plants to
China.- Hide quoted text -

Plenty in the USA too. Thanks to half wits like yourself.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...lution-hotspot...

No sense arguing with a know chemical genius. *My apologies, Harry - Hide quoted text -

Any body can appear tobe a genius compared with some of the morons
that appear here. Must be something in the water they drink.
Probably mercury. Or lead.