Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Bugger, broken drill bit...

"Steve W." wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Snag wrote:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Ecnerwal fired this
volley in
:

There may also be a chemical approach.
there is. Searching my own archives, but it was posted here.

Something akin to "Boiling out broken taps".

Go wayback.

LLoyd
ISTR something about using alum as a means to dissolve steel without
affecting aluminum . Of course I may be wrong , and it would be neither the
first nor the last time .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

That's what I've found searching around as well. Of course no regular
stores actually carry Alum any more, so I had to order some. I also
ordered up some Lye for the eventually anodizing of the part since
nobody carries that any more either *grumble*.

Uh unless you live in the Artic every grocery store will have alum in
the spice rack. It is used in may pickling recipes.
If you live near any Amish stores you can buy it in bulk CHEAP.
It also works to dry up sores in your mouth.

Used to, perhaps a decade ago. Not a trace in my local grocery store
here in semi rural TX.

Lye is also available in many of them.

Nope, not any more either.

At any rate I've got about 10# of each on the way so that should be
enough for a while.