Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bugger, broken drill bit...

Lye is supposed to be desired by some drug cookers. Meth,
was it?

So many things banned. Give it a few years, and they will
ban everything that actually works.

First they came for the lye. I didn't speak up, because I
wasn't a soap maker.
Then they came for the freon, and I didn't speak up because
I wasn't a HVAC man.
Then, they came for the alum, and I didn't speak up,
because I hadn't broken a drill bit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

That's what I've found searching around as well. Of course
no regular
stores actually carry Alum any more, so I had to order some.
I also
ordered up some Lye for the eventually anodizing of the part
since
nobody carries that any more either *grumble*.