Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default Dowsing

On 11/16/2011 11:45 AM, wrote:

Dowsing definitely works.

Nonsense.

When I was a boy, many many years ago,
we had a very dry summer on the farm and the well was not producung
enough to properly water the cattle. We had to take the tractor&
trailer with 500 (real) gallon tank about 5 miles to the nearest river
& bucket into the tank.

We tried dowsing and at one point we had a reaction with the hazel
stick. Dug down and had a trace of water at about 8 feet, from then
on it was solid rock, digging with hammer& chisel. Eventually at
about 15 feet there was enough water to prevent digging further when
we hit the water course.

And of course that water course was *only* right there under your
"reaction with the hazel stick" and nowhere else -- NOT.