The Natural Philosopher

Default Neighbours new conservatory nightmare...

Arthur wrote:

"supermoocow" wrote in message

The conservatory will not be large enough to require planning permission

and ..

It's worth checking this with the council - if there hase every been any
other extensions to the house (front porch, etc) these must be included in
the permitted total increase.

The conservatory will be built upon the boundary of the property which we
are responsible for fencing etc.

If they build directly on the boundary, that becomes the 'fence'. Why
should you build another fence on your side of it for their benefit?
I would tell them that you have no plans to replace the hedge if they
destroy it - unless there is a fence specified in a covenant (unlikely if
you currently have a hedge). They will consequently have *no privacy*
inside their conservatory. Perhaps that corner of your garden would be a
good location for a compost heap, or a children's play area?

Or indeed a 3KW arc lamp pointed straight inisde, day and night?

Do we have any rights, what can we do to try to either stop or reduce the
amount of light loss from the conservatory?

Afraid not.

- Arthur