Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Generators, run on nat. gas....

Denis G. wrote:
On Nov 15, 1:08 pm, wrote:
Denis G. wrote:

(...)

My understanding is that the system can automatically give you backup
power (of 1200 watts) when the grid goes down.

While it is shut off?
"(...) but will shut off if the grid goes down(...)"

The system disconnects
from the grid (outside feed) for safety reasons, but it still supplies
you with electrical power for your house during a blackout.

That's the opposite of what they say in the FAQ.

--Winston

Hmmm... Ok, I missed that. Maybe the system is configured like that
for legal reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid-tie_inverter

A grid-tie inverter like theirs would have to
change in order to source it's own reference
voltage for 'intentional island' use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islanding

Currently it *needs* the incoming sinewave
in order to set it's instantaneous output voltage.
It is a design requirement for tying to the
grid, not an added feature.

--Winston