Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G.[_2_] Denis G.[_2_] is offline

Default Generators, run on nat. gas....

On Nov 15, 8:17*am, Winston wrote:
Denis G. wrote:
On Nov 14, 11:57 pm, *wrote:
Denis G. wrote:

(...)

He might want to look into micro CHP systems like this one:
http://www.freewatt.com/micro.asp
More expensive, but it's built into the house.

Hmmm.

"The freewatt product (...) will shut off if the grid goes
* *down and automatically restart once grid power is restored."

--Winston

It also has a smart system that can prioritize what things should run
(like a sump pump). *I'm just not sure of the longevity of these types
of systems, but I'm sure that they'd be more reliable than something
that was cobbled together.

The beauty of a different approach is that one
could power one's house during a blackout.
Freewatt *does* say that they are planning a product
that will do that, some time in the future.

Just not now.

--Winston- Hide quoted text -

My understanding is that the system can automatically give you backup
power (of 1200 watts) when the grid goes down. The system disconnects
from the grid (outside feed) for safety reasons, but it still supplies
you with electrical power for your house during a blackout. I'm not
sure why the generator that they offer is so modest, but it seems that
it wouldn't be hard to increase the size of the genset. I assume that
the economics of providing a long life extremely reliable system is
the big hurdle.