Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Generators, run on nat. gas....

Denis G. wrote:
On Nov 14, 11:57 pm, wrote:
Denis G. wrote:

(...)

He might want to look into micro CHP systems like this one:
http://www.freewatt.com/micro.asp
More expensive, but it's built into the house.

Hmmm.

"The freewatt product (...) will shut off if the grid goes
down and automatically restart once grid power is restored."

--Winston

It also has a smart system that can prioritize what things should run
(like a sump pump). I'm just not sure of the longevity of these types
of systems, but I'm sure that they'd be more reliable than something
that was cobbled together.

The beauty of a different approach is that one
could power one's house during a blackout.
Freewatt *does* say that they are planning a product
that will do that, some time in the future.

Just not now.

--Winston