Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Frnak McKenney Frnak McKenney is offline

Default Laser tape measure

On 2011-11-14, Steve B wrote:
What's a good one for around $25? Plus or minus a foot or so is good
enough.

[...]

And for indoors, there are also ultrasonic ones, which bounce
the sound off the far wall (if the room is not too cluttered).

Things may have changed in the last few years, but I'd recommend
reading the fine print on the model you select carefully.

The last time I went looking for one of these, a sub-$200 "laser
tape measure" meant "ultrasonic with a built-in laser pointer for
aiming".

(If I'm wrong, please let me know. I could use a couple of $25
Sick-type laser rangers for a robot I have in mind... grin!)

Frank McKenney
--
Buddhists say you need three things in life: something to do,
something to love, and something to hope for.