Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 12.1 inch = 13 inches for LCD display?

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...

I don't like the flat panel TVs, because EVERY one I've seen,
in stores and sports bars,have improper geometry;
a circle looks oval, and peoples heads look flattened. the vertical
was being compressed.
it didn't matter what aspect ratio was being displayed.

Mr Yanik, this is physically impossible.

A 16:9 set with 1080 by 1920 pixels CANNOT display a 16:9 image with
anything other than correct geometry. There is a fixed number of pixels,
with a fixed "shape" (square).

What you are most-likely seeing is a 4:3 broadcast that has been widened to
fill the screen.

How could a rational person think that monitors were so grossly misdesigned?