Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default electric double oben dead - suspect fan element but why whole lot dead?

Jim K wrote:
On Nov 12, 4:46 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Jim K wrote:
poetically enough just a few days after the thread on oven fan
element replacement w tripping RCDs etc but oven still working
except no heat - mine has just killed itself as it turned on to
finish a fine stew for my tea ;(((

I suspect the fan element (again) as all was normal til the "power
up" of the element part of the turn on sequence (i.e. after
selecting oven mode and temp) then - dead.
No rcd trip, no MCB trip, no display, clock etc now all dead. ;(((

In the other thread someone mentioned their element going and also
an internal fuse being blown - got the back and top off mine and
only one fuse I can see on the control PCB - looks very (too?)
small & visibly fine - where else might I find the culprit of the
death?

(If I can resurrect it I can cook me stew on another mode til I get
the suspect element replaced...)

A dead PCB/no clock etc will stop the oven from working. It could be
the PCB fuse or the connections to the PCB that are loose.

--
Adam

Hiya
PCB fuse has 240v either side via me multimeter...

240V potential measused against what?

If the connections to PCB are loose there may be no neutral to the PCB.
Often these connections are a ****ty push on connector or ribbon cable with
****e soldered connections.

see other follow up for more poss revelations tho I am fully prepared
to get me coat.. ;)

The only other follow up from you that I can see is where you have removed
the element and the oven display is dead. It will be unless you get the PCB
working!

Cheers

--
Adam