Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default electric double oben dead - suspect fan element but why whole lot dead?

On Nov 12, 4:46 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Jim K wrote:
poetically enough just a few days after the thread on oven fan element
replacement w tripping RCDs etc but oven still working except no heat
- mine has just killed itself as it turned on to finish a fine stew
for my tea ;(((

I suspect the fan element (again) as all was normal til the "power up"
of the element part of the turn on sequence (i.e. after selecting oven
mode and temp) then - dead.
No rcd trip, no MCB trip, no display, clock etc now all dead. ;(((

In the other thread someone mentioned their element going and also an
internal fuse being blown - got the back and top off mine and only one
fuse I can see on the control PCB - looks very (too?) small & visibly
fine - where else might I find the culprit of the death?

(If I can resurrect it I can cook me stew on another mode til I get
the suspect element replaced...)

A dead PCB/no clock etc will stop the oven from working. It could be the PCB
fuse or the connections to the PCB that are loose.

--
Adam

Hiya
PCB fuse has 240v either side via me multimeter...
see other follow up for more poss revelations tho I am fully prepared
to get me coat.. ;)

Jim K