Bolton

Default Airlock in heat exchanger ?

Hello there,

I have a conventional boiler and an indirect hot water cylinder with a heat
exchanger. Rads are heating up fine - water runs from the hot water tap but
it is cold - from reading around I think I either have an airlock in the
coil inside the tank or a faulty motorised valve. Anyway of differentiating
between the two ?

If it is an airlock should I just drain the whole system and refill ? Are
the any other ways ?
Where is the motorised valve for determining whether I get HW+CH or just HW
?

Any help appreciated - my little 'un wants a bath !

Regards

Chris

---