Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default need more memory

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I'm trying to run another app on my shop 'puter...

Its an HP D530 P4 with 512 memory. Lots more specs he
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/q.../11632_na.html

When it boots it says DDR 266 and runs up to 512 on the memory test. I
pulled the stick and all it says is DDR 266, no other labels.

On New Egg, this is the closest I can find:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...20266%20pc2700

Will this work? Do different size sticks work together?

Karl

If you go to the first link you provided and go to the top and click on
"Memory" you'll find:

DDR SYNCH DRAM Non-ECC Memory
It is not necessary to add memory in pairs. Memory upgrades are accomplished by
adding single or multiple DIMMs of the same or varied sizes. This chart does not
represent all possible memory configurations. The Intel 865G chipset supports non-ECC
266MHz (PC2100), 333MHz (PC2700) and 400MHz (PC3200) DDR memory.
For best performance, add in pairs, add in same channel, and do not mix speeds. For
dual-channel performance, DIMMs must be same size, same DRAM technology, same DRAM
bus width, and either all single-sided or double-sided DIMMs. Brand and timing specs
are not an issue. If speeds are mixed, default will default to the slowest DIMM.

Art