Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default How do I figure board width on a segmented bowl ring?

In article
3451703.538.1320874210986.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbct14,
jtpryan wrote:

Thank you. But it's not the length I need, that is relatively easy. It is
the width, as in the difference between the short length and the long length.
So I know how wide a strip of board I need to cut.

Jim

That part of the "design" part. It really depends on what you are
planning to do. Which means either graph paper (side-cut view) or
software

https://picasaweb.google.com/1112170...ing#5667198160
746265730

You will note the fill (pink with color spots), where I made a design
error and had to fill with colored epoxy

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv