Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default TIP: 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lets hope they are OK. Sounds miserable. Hope the wall
street infestation packs up and goes home.

We had four MILLION people without power when Hurricane Yikes hit
three years ago, some as long as two weeks.

The ghastly thing was that gas stations were ALSO without power, so
there was no way to get generator food.

So here's the tip: When you get advance notice of a weather emergency,
fill up all your gas cans (I have ten, 6-gallon containers and a
half-dozen smaller ones).

You can always dump the gas in the car if you don't need it for the
generator.

Why didn't any gas stations have generators?

--
Best regards
Han