Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2.2 million without power, in the northeast

I'm glad some folks shared. That's neighborly. During my
year 2003 power cut, one neighbor ran space heaters off a
generator. I told him that was ineffective use of power.
Offered to wire his furnace, but he refused. You were kind
to offer, and your neighbor was wise to accept.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

I was out of power for 6 days (NJ).
Just last summer the town sent crews throughout the town
removing
branches and trees near power lines.

Snow on trees with leaves and you have a first class
disaster.

I took a walk and was impressed by how many people had
generators
with power lines running over to neighbors houses.

My neighbor did the same for me. In turn I showed him how
hook the generator to the furnace instead of the space
heaters
he was using. Also bought the gas.

Our power was restored by Ohio Edison.

A good example of people helping other people.

--
Dan Espen